The St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF) is a unique event in the world of business and economics. SPIEF has been held since 1997, and since 2006, it has been held under the auspices of the President of the Russian Federation, who has also attended each event. Over the last 20 years, the Forum has become a leading global platform for members of the business community to meet and discuss the key economic issues facing Russia, emerging markets, and the world as a whole.
ExpoForum is a modern convention and exhibition centre that meets the standards of the Global Association of the Exhibition Industry (UFI). For more information on the Forum venue, see the Forum venue section of SPIEF’s website. For detailed information about the geography, history, and key landmarks of St. Petersburg, see the About St. Petersburg section of SPIEF’s website.
Forum Organizing Committee
Chairman of the Committee is Sergei Prikhodko, Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation – Chief of Staff of the Government of the Russian Federation (Chairman of the Organizing Committee). For a full list of SPIEF 2018 Organizing Committee members, see the Organizing Committee section of SPIEF’s website.
The Roscongress Foundation
The Roscongress Foundation was founded in 2007 with the aim of facilitating the development of Russia’s economic potential and strengthening the country’s image by organizing conventions and exhibitions. The Foundation develops substantive content for such events, providing companies and organizations with advice, information, and expert guidance, and offering comprehensive evaluation, analysis, and coverage of the Russian and global economic agendas. You can find out about other Roscongress Foundation events here.
Unique opportunities at SPIEF 2018
– An effective platform for business communication: meetings with colleagues, partners, experts, world business leaders, internationally recognized political figures, and leaders in science, culture, and the media. The Forum venue offers participants a range of special services, including a business networking platform, networking areas, foreign country lounges, the SPIEF Investment & Business Expo, themed lounge areas, and meeting rooms.
– Conversations to make a difference: meetings with high-ranking Russian and international leaders, government representatives, and members of foreign delegations, including from BRICS, SCO and CIS countries. The fundamental issues and trends affecting Russia, emerging economies, and the whole world are identified, analysed, and publicized.
– Exchange of experience and expertise: showcasing and fostering business opportunities, creating new trends through innovative approaches, and information on cutting-edge technologies.
– Media promotion: attendance of Russian and foreign media companies, television link-ups from leading global TV companies for the entire duration of the event, and the opportunity to organize a press conference at the Forum venue.
– Extensive cultural programme: additional events allowing more informal networking. Forum participants and guests have the chance to visit Russia’s cultural capital in May, just before the unique White Nights season, see top theatrical productions from St. Petersburg’s theatres (which have been specially timed to coincide with SPIEF), and attend charity events.
– Sporting programme: the chance to be a spectator and attend sports tournaments, corporate games, football and hockey matches, and to forge new contacts in an atmosphere of sporting camaraderie and informal networks.
– Investment consulting and assistance with business projects: this service has been specially designed by the Roscongress Foundation to provide foreign companies with advice on developing and supporting their business projects in Russia and the CIS. For more information about the service, see Investment Promotion section of SPIEF’s website.
Should you have any questions regarding participation in SPIEF, or require additional information about partner packages and opportunities for participation in the Forum’s events, please contact the Roscongress Foundation.
12, Krasnopresnenskaya Naberezhnaya, Moscow, 123610, Russia
88A, Sredny Prospekt, V.O., St. Petersburg, 199106, Russia