The idea of holding the Forum is rooted into mutual interest from Swedish export-oriented high-tech shipbuilding companies, on the one hand, and Russian scientific and design centers specializing in producing modern light high-speed boats, on the other.
The event was organized by the Trade Representation of the Russian Federation in cooperation with OCP Group AB, a Swedish company.
The main goals of the Forum were the following:
- Assistance in providing Russian “force” agencies and rescue services with modern light high-speed boats exploited for different purposes, as well as getting an impression of Swedish shipbuilding technologies, special electronic and board equipment;
- Receiving expert assessment of performance characteristics and operative qualities of Swedish high-speed boats and special purposes jet-skis, board, diving and rescue equipment from representatives of Russian agencies;
- Establishment of direct contacts between Russian and Swedish producers, exchange of experience in the field of exploitation of high-speed boats in harsh climate conditions of the Baltic sea;
- Search for economic and technological preconditions for Russian-Swedish cooperation in the field of producing high-tech goods, bearing in mind further shifting of production facilities to Russia;
- Enhancement of competitiveness of Russian companies, promotion of export of Russian high-tech navigation, underwater hydro location and other types of board products to the Swedish and Scandinavian markets.